The Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for building technical understanding and credibility during the sales process to ensure success of Minerva’s solutions. As part of the sales team, the SE works closely with sales, marketing, and product management to pursue leads, demonstrate product capability, inspire confidence and effectively communicate the value of Minerva’s solutions. The SE plays an important part in helping the sales team achieve sales targets.
What Will You Do?
- Partner with Field Sales to pursue new business opportunities and support all aspects and phases of the Minerva sales process
- Evangelize and demonstrate Minerva’s products to prospects, customers, and partners via presentations and product demos
- Manage all aspects of the prospect evaluation process. The SE will effectively scope and define prospects’ endpoint project goals and key success drivers, perform demonstrations of Minerva solutions, perform installation & training of Minerva solutions on and off-site as well as educating prospects on operational and organizational aspects of the implementation process
- Work independently and with Minerva Technical Support and Engineering to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Respond to technical objections and create competitive differentiation
- Respond to RFI’s and RFP’s
- Establishing and maintaining POC environments
- Document evaluation progress and results in CRM
- Support and train partners
- Attend regional and national field marketing events
- Travel required (up to 20% or more at peaks)
What will you bring?
- 2+ years of enterprise Sales Engineering experience
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Demonstrated experience with endpoint and server security
- Expert in Microsoft OS endpoint operating systems
- Knowledge in Mac and Linux endpoint operating systems
- Proven technical track record with securing Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Hands-on software demonstration experience
- Ability for flexible work hours (you will be working with clients and prospects worldwide).
- Fluent English
- Advantage – Russian speaking and writing
- Hands-on experience with scripting/coding languages (such as Python , PowerShell, SQL( – an advanta
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Self-motivation and the ability to operate with a sense of urgency
- Effective Communication
- Professionalism and dedication to customer success
- Strong product knowledge which includes the benefits they offer and how we fit in the security ecosystem
- Critical thinking to ensure the most valuable use of assets
- Accurately capture prospects details in internal systems and reporting